Building on the Migrant Money experience over the last few years, UNCDF and Haskè Conseil have developed a migrant-centric and gender-responsive framework to guide the inclusive innovation strategies of Remittance Service Providers (RSPs). The framework provides a template for assessing the remittance ecosystem and value-chain in a particular country; a ‘how to’ guide to inclusive innovation within the specific context of digital remittances and remittance-linked financial products; and a template for drafting country-specific roadmaps for leveraging innovation in the remittance ecosystem through financial and technical support. The framework has been applied in four countries to create country-specific strategies for Nepal, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and Senegal.
This webinar focuses on the Nepal Inclusive Innovation Country Strategy, presenting a common platform and opportunity for all key stakeholders to come together and deliberate upon, in light of the Inclusive Innovation Framework, the following:
- What are some of the key areas of interest/concern, with respect to remittances, highlighted in the Nepal Monetary Policy 2021 and 2022, that can be addressed by leveraging the Inclusive Innovation Framework?
- What are some of the specific recommendations from the Nepal Country Assessment Report that can be driven by the private sector remittance players in the country with an objective to deliver impact in 6-9 months?
- What is the nature and required level of support required from the regulator, NRB, to help the private sector achieve the above?
We will be hosting the webinar on the following date:
Thursday, 22 September, 10:00 – 12:00 Kathmandu time
How to join?
Please use the above registration link to register. After you register, you will receive an email confirmation and will be able to add the event to your calendars.
- Welcome note & logistics (5 mins)
- Introduction to the Nepal country assessment; an inclusive approach to migrant-centric financial product development and priorities (10 mins)
- Nepal Inclusive Innovation Country Assessment presentation (20 mins)
- Panel discussion and presentations (30 mins)
- Distinguished panelists:
- Nepal Rastra Bank
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
- IME Group
- Nepal Clearing House Ltd. (NCHL)
- Recommendations and areas for intervention to support migrant-centric innovations (5 mins)
- Q&A (10 mins)
- Concluding remarks: Summary, next steps (10 mins)
Total: 90 mins
Executive Director, Foreign Exchange Management Department, Nepal Rastra Bank
Programme Manager – Nepal, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
Neelesh Man Singh Pradhan
Chief Executive Officer, Nepal Clearing House Ltd. (NCHL)
Vice President, Product & Innovation, IME Group